The amazing story of Arachne
From sailors who were turned into pigs, nymphs that sprouted into trees, and a gaze that converted the beholder to stone, Greek mythology brims with shape-shifters. The powerful Gods usually changed their own forms at will - but for mortals, the mutations were often unwanted. Iseult Gillespie shares how one such unnerving transformation befell the spinner Arachne
- Educator Iseult Gillespie
- Director Mette Ilene Holmriis
- Producer The Animation Workshop
- Associate Producer Elizabeth Cox, Jessica Ruby
- Content Producer Gerta Xhelo
- Editorial Producer Alex Rosenthal
- Narrator Addison Anderson
Early designs and visual devellopment. Ended up going for a more faded color scheme. Underneath a page of pencil sketches I did to get in the mood. Some of the designs even made it into the final film.
Watch the full film on youtube:
The tapestries. Outlines and final illustrations. It took a quite a while to research all the gods to make sure they were portayed correctly.